Yeah, it’s still going on, there are primary votes in several states today.
I don’t know, what is it, Super Tuesday IV?
Just a couple of things as you go out to vote today, well, I mean if you are going out to vote today.
- The parties put the delegates on the slate for you to vote for them, and the delegates pick the candidate. It’s called Politics. Bear in mind that the delegate you vote for may not support the candidate you want, and in most cases can vote for someone else on the second ballot – assuming there is one.
- The rules are different in every state and every commonwealth, because the primary election though executed and monitored by the election board isn’t for a candidate, it’s for delegates, and it’s run by the party. You’re just hoping the delegates elected will support the candidate you want at the Convention.
- It works this way for both parties.
- It’s designed to keep people in power while making you think you really matter.
- You probably don’t.
- Yes, I know, I’m jaded and cynical.
- If you registered as an Independent, you’re not being disenfranchised in a primary regardless of what Bernie says. It’s a two party system. Pick a party, don’t be wishy-washy. It’s been this way for nearly 200 years. Take Perry Como’s advice and don’t be Mr. In Between!
This is one of those controversies I promised…enjoy!