Dorothy Parker, American poet, short story writer, critic, and satirist, best known for her wit, and wisecracks died on this date in 1967.
It was truly a great loss to literature.
She is responsible for some of my favorite quotes.
There are hundreds.
I’ll leave you with a few; after all, it is Wordless Wednesday! HA!
- Of course I talk to myself, I like a good speaker, and I love an intelligent audience.
- Never throw mud: you can miss the target, but your hands will remain dirty.
- I like to have a martini, two at the very most. After three I’m under the table, after four I’m under my host.
- Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye.
- Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician.
- If you wear a short enough skirt, the party will come to you.
- If all the girls who attended Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised.
And my favorite…
Their pooled emotions would not fill a teaspoon.
There are more…Google her…