As you may have surmised by now, I’m a football fan, er, excuse me, American Football Fan.
And when possible, I’m at the Brookwood games. The last two games (one loss, one win) I’ve had the pleasure of sitting with or near a dear, sweet, kind, sedate, well-bred football mom.
Now, football moms are pretty into it, and they love to see their baby play, run, score, win, etc. But, alas, Pam’s movements are a tad restricted as of late due to an injury, she’s in a neck brace.
And she’s tired of it.
She’s tired of the questions too.
I can tell.
Because they change everytime some one asks.
The question usually runs like this; “What happend to you?” or “What have you done.” or my favorite, “Are you ok?
Well, no, she’s not ok, she’s in a neck brace.
Now, I really can’t come UP with the real story, because she keeps giving a different answer…every freakin’ time!
My Top Ten Faves!
- He hit me! We know that’s not it, he’s still standing!
- I was drunk and fell in the kitchen. Ok, that’s a possibility, but I’m just not sure.
- Car wreck. No, I saw the car: dent free.
- The sex swing fell. Hmmm. That’s a whole ‘nother post!
- Slipped at Wal-Mart, we’re suing. Nothing in the papers, so not buying it.
- Tripped over the dog. They don’t have one.
- I just gotta stop reading the Kama Sutra. Again, hmmm, possible.
- Well, if the kids would pick UP their things, I might not fall so much. If that were true, every woman would be in a neck brace. Can I get a witness?
- Tripped over the cat. Allergic, don’t have one.
- Well, ya know, he just had to have a stripper pole in the bedroom! Ok, I’ll buy that one!
Ya gotta love a football mom with a sense of humor!